Friday 15 December 2017

Now For Something Completely Different


Now For Something Completely Different

I started of using Blogger many years ago, and have several different named blogs host by Blogger, although I have not added any contents to any of them for several years

For reasons I can't remember now, I swapped over to using WordPress as a free user, in the early days before they became so popular
Even though the did persist in recommending upgrading to a paid level, (they still do that)

One of the reasons I don't add content posts to my Blogger blogs as I used to is over the years I have acquired or started new blogs and websites
Mostly using WordPress when it was less popular than it is these days, they altered what they allowed free users to do

As unlike Blogger you can't upload videos on WordPress unless you are a paying customer, they also add adverts at the bottom on all posts of free users
Note: you can add YouTube videos by adding the short share code,  or the embed code where you can adjust the video size to smaller if you want or need to

I may consider to go back to adding and updating my blog here at Blogger and spent less time on WordPress

So that I can explore Blogger to find out if it's more flexible, I will be testing out adding advertisements of my own.
With Blogger as it's run by Google the adverts are Ad-sense based, which means I may earn revenue from those adverts, whereas WordPress run their own adverts they earn money from
In order to remove their adverts I would upgrade to a paid status

That's one bonus in favor of Blogger, which make me wonder if adding PayPal donation button will be possible or even a purchase button to allow me to sell items from  my blog




Well inserting a video was a lot easier than when using WordPress, as Blogger offer easy uploadyour own videos or search for ones on YouTube 



No comments:

Search This Blog